What is Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a common and disabling psychiatric illness. It often misdiagnosed particularly in patients presenting with depressive episodes. Clinicians need to consider this diagnosis in all patients presenting with depressive symptoms since up to 20% of patients with unipolar depression will go on to develop a bipolar disorder. Even celebrities like Catherine Zeta-Jones have publicly spoken about having the illness so as to encourage others to seek help. The treatment of bipolar disorder can be challenging even though the treatment armamentarium is extensive particularly for manic and mixed episodes. Most patients will need a combination of medications along with adjunctive proven psychotherapies for optimal outcomes. Long term often lifelong maintenance treatment is indicated for most patients with this illness.
It’s weird how in animals seeing ribs/collar&hip bones is considered sick or even abusive, but in people that’s considered beautiful.
This may have just changed my life.
This is the best thing I’ve ever read.
This is the post which helped me beat anorexia.
1. If it feels wrong, don’t do it.
2. Say “exactly” what you mean.
3. Don’t be a people pleaser.
4. Trust your instincts.
5. Never speak badly about yourself.
6. Never give up on your dreams.
7. Don’t be afraid to say “no”.
8. Don’t be afraid to say “yes”.
9. Resist the need to always have control.
10. Stay away from drama and negativity – as much as possible.
Source: Lessons Learned in Life